45 Years Old Man kills wife after she 'came home drunk'

A man, 45, was arraigned in a Kakamega court charged with murdering his wife after he found her drunk.

Wycliffe Lukonyo Musa is alleged to have killed his second wife, Susan Mirimo Musa on January 23 after he suspected she was under the influence of alcohol.

He did not take plea after the investigating officer, Police Constable Julius Aroni sought for more days to enable a mental assessment to show if the suspect was stable to stand murder trial.

PC Aroni further told the court the deceased’s body, which is being preserved at Yala Sub-county Hospital, is yet to undergo the mandatory post-mortem examination to ascertain the actual cause of death.

According to the documents tendered in court, Lukonyo is said to have gone home around 10.30pm on the fateful night at their house in Shikunga village, Butere sub-county with another woman.

Read Also: Man in court, charged with raping three women

He ordered the door to be opened and Mirimo responded. Lukonyo, who is said to have drunk, is reported to have noticed that his wife was also drunk and staggering.

A confrontation ensued and attempts by the other woman to calm him down are said to have been futile. While demanding to know who the man of the house was, the suspect is said to have hit Mirimo with a stool on the head, sending her to the ground.

The investigators say the suspect took the woman and spread-eagled her in the dark, hoping she would get some fresh air and gain consciousness.

However, in the morning, he noticed the woman had died, prompting him to flee the home. He was spotted by locals who beat him up, threatening to kill him.

Read Also: Snoop Dogg Says Tekashi is a "Buster" for Cooperating With The Feds

Lukonyo was saved by the area assistant chief and the police who booked him at Butere Police Station before taking him to hospital for treatment.

“We require at least five days to enable us conclude the investigations which include postmortem test for the decease and psychiatric test for the suspect. The suspect who was admitted for two days at Butere Hospital after the beating also need(s) to recover before he can take plea,” said PC Aroni in his affidavit.

Kakamega Chief Magistrate Bildad Ochieng’ allowed the prayers and ordered Lukonyo to remain in police custody awaiting the tests. The matter shall be mentioned today.

'; (function() { var dsq = document.createElement('script'); dsq.type = 'text/javascript'; dsq.async = true; dsq.src = '//' + disqus_shortname + '.disqus.com/embed.js'; (document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] || document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(dsq); })();